Tuesday, May 6, 2014

She's Never Been an Eater: Mom's Peach Coconut Smoothie

This is the smoothie my mom drinks everyday without complaint. I have to say, "without complaint," because this 120 pound 85 year-old is not a fan of our mostly vegetarian lifestyle. Although she did tell me this week that my quiche was my best effort yet. Thank you eggs, flour, milk and frozen pie crust.
I boost this smoothie with coconut oil to feed mom's brain and for her gut, either Straus Family Creamery Maple yogurt or their peach kefir. I add protein powder for obvious reasons and coconut milk for a healthy fat. This is a case where every item is organic.

Caroline's Peach Coconut Smoothie
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon Coconut oil
2-4 tablespoons peach kefir or Maple yogurt
A heaping scoop of protein powder
1 small handful frozen peaches


No comments: